Monday, May 5, 2008

Of Ladies And Strip Joints.

I was listening to Caroline Mutoko on Kiss100 the other day and she was discussing the various strip joints that have sprung up in town. Her biggest question was which kind of man patronises these joints and specifically, why.



Well I think that is pretty obvious. Men should visit such places and ogle at goods they forever hanker for. That's understood. What bothers my mind though is why ladies patronise those places. I have seen ladies even deep into Apple Bees yaani the "inner sanctum" aka VIP where the perfomers bare it ALL and will even shove it into your face if you look mesmerised enough.What drives a lady to go ogle at another lady who's in the nude? To see what that she does'nt have? To feel what?



I have heard various reasons advanced but generally they hinge on ati they want to see the competition and compare themselves. Well if that's the reason then I'm sure most ladies leave disappointed by themselves cos most of those strip girls are very young things with nary a fold on their skin. And truth be told, if the dingy atmosphere plus inebriation doesn't deceive me, most are very cute.



But the other day I heard quite an interesting explanation. I was discussing this with another lady and she told me that deep down, all ladies admire, and have an innate desire for other ladies. I was stunned. Well I know women are a beautiful creation, curves and all, and it is possible that women will appreciate and even admire anything that's pleasing to the eye but surely that would merely be aesthetic and not sexual! I told her that and she said it could even be sexual.



She pointed out that whereas it is perfectly okay for lady to tell another, "You look nice", it is not so for men. I agreed. If a man told me "You look nice" I'd punch him in the face. "Nice suit" maybe, but not you look nice. Why I've heard a lady tell another "You look sexy". You'd be a dead man if you told me that. She pointed out something else. She told me although she was straight, the sight of two men kissing would disgust her but not so two women kissing! And that that goes for most ladies she knew. Well it goes for me too but why should we be on the same side? If I got a kick out of watching two girls kissing then she should surely get a kick out of watching two men kissing?



But that's not the case it seems. I'm very inclined to agree with this theory because if it' true, it would explain perfectly why ladies patronise strip joints.

Food for thought eh?

12 comments:

Acolyte said...

I think there is nothing wrong with a dude going to a strip club, its the amount of time and money that you spend there that could be an issue.
Its better to be in a strip club looking then somewhere sleazier doing more then that.
I too think that many women are privately attracted to other women. Women are closer to each other in all ways and have less taboos in relating than men, that is why it is so easy for women to be bisexual.

Half n Half said...

many women are attracted to other women! Its a secret fantasy of many of my friends!

As for visiting strip joints, I have absolutely no opinion about women visiting them! Men its okay and as aco says, its the amount of time and money spent on them thats the problem.
Strangely I would much prefer to see a women striping than a man! (just me I guess)

Anonymous said...

I love it that women fantasize about other women. It means exciting times for us men. And there are many that are like this!

Nakeel said...

Women dont mind discovering one another though they like to hide it as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

Back from the dead? The first of the three annual posts in this blog. Prove me wrong Bw. Aizoh!

Nice post to come back with.

Women getting bolder in discovering other women is a threat to us. We just become accessories. All men should fight against this craze.

Gay Nairobi Man said...

I have visited strip clubs with my straight pals and although am gay, I do appreciate a womans body although not in a sexual way. It is a work of art.

Interestingly, you will once in a while find a straight man( or one who claims to be) in a gay strip joint

Anonymous said...

I have been to one, and I admit, it was more out of curiosity (when something is kinda forbidden, I get curious) than anything else, and I'm never going back there!

Selerines said...

Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

er...the only reason i can think of for a girl going to a strip club is to get lessons on how to strip tease my man. i mean they give good demos, no?

Rafiki said...

What exactly is a strip club?

Anonymous said...

want to sex me

Anonymous said...

yes babby!""