Thursday, July 12, 2007

Careful how you ask your questions.

I heard an interesting exchange the other day at a local pub. I was sitting at the counter chatting with the barmaid inside. Serving at the tables behind was a chick in real tight jeans, leaving very little to the imagination as to the size of her assets. Normally such things dont escape me.

Then from behind the counter where there are some more tables comes a guy who I presume is the manager. He asks the tight jeans, "Wanjiru, nuu wi na thutha?"

Now this kisapere can be translated to English in two ways. One, it could mean, "Who is at the back?" No problem there unless you know some grown ups who are right then playing piggy back with some kids and you dont know who is carrying who. Of course the guy wanted to know who was serving customers at the tables behind.

It could also mean, "Who has a behind?" Now tight jeans has a fairly big one but she's apparently not aware of this particular endowment cos she says, "Not me. Maybe Njeri."

When the guy leaves I decide to joke with her about this and ask her, "Yaani you dont have a behind?" She gets my meaning and says, "Ah go away! Of course I have." And she swings it.

Then I think to myself, this could have been worse. The guy could have asked, "Nuu urendia thutha?"

In which case he would either have wanted to know who is serving at the tables behind or who is selling ass.

I finish my drink and leave feeling very amused.

6 comments:

gishungwa said...

Maa thekete aizoh naughty naughty

Anonymous said...

Lost me on this one...the lingo...And Modo, ati is the harsh one...haki!..its banned too!!..kwanza kwa meet up...you may come already having partaken though...

Anonymous said...

LOL...kyuk is just too funny!

egm said...

Double entendres can mess you up!

Anonymous said...

Sitting allowance. Everyone's differs. Even one in a pair.

How big was it again?

Anonymous said...

lool that's funny..enyewe kyuo can be decieving.