Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Walking the streets.

I've just come from the streets. Now my movements within town are normally pretty limited. Mostly it's from the parking lot to the office and back again in the evening. I rarely get the opportunity to walk the streets of Nairobi. But whenever I do like I did today, it turns out to be quite an experience. Is it just me or are there a lot of simply gorgeous women out there? I havent been to the whole of Africa but I'm ready to bet. Our women must be the most beautiful women in Africa. I just cannot get enough of looking at our babes. Damn our women are beautiful!

I saw a katiny one with these loose blouses they are wearing nowadays and a skirt reaching just above the knees, ample breast and thought damn! That's got to be Chick Of The Day for me. Then as I'm crossing H. Selassie, who is walking towards me? Long legs, tight hipster, high heels, chocolate complexion, shades on top of her head. Manze! Earlier mentioned COTD toppled. It was all I could do not to turn back and check out the madiabs. I was in the middle of the road.

Now each chic I see topples the last COTD. Boggles the mind bana. Some of them I feel like I can throw shame to the winds and just stalk them and watch. Later, I join a queue at the bank and the lady in front of me is wearing one look that just kills me. Short hair, long earings dangling. That one rocks! She drops some papers and before they hit the ground I've picked them up and like oops sooorry! Here you are. She takes them and says thanks and with my best smile I'm like, oh dont mention it. Oozing charm. After some minutes I try to chat. "Cashier's slow today", I say. Sh8t, I should have said fast cos actually the line never moved faster. Anyway her mind seems to be onto more important matters cos she gives me a passive,mmm, in agreement. Doubt whether she even heard what I said. Minutes later she's at the cashier's and the opportunity is forever lost.

As I walk back to the office I keep seeing them and ogling mpaka finally I said, hey, Aizoh get a hold of yourself bana. I tell myself nobody ever appreciates what he's got but hankers after what he doesn't have. Why, I'm sure lots of guys stare at my mamaa when she's walking these streets cos, well, she's damn pretty too if I say so myself. And with that thought I'm able to exorcize my mind of Chics Of The Day.

Until the next time I walk the streets.

8 comments:

Acolyte said...

You make me miss the city in the sun.

Princess said...

Nice to know some men appreciate African beauty!!

modoathii said...

princess, a true spirited kenyan man APPRECIATES african beauty.

AIzoh, i know how you feel. try one day and walk from haile sellassie to university way...you know the saying 'mtaka yote hukosa yote'. nairobi isn't the place to come ati street shopping for a mamaa. utangachanikiwa u-die single.

Anonymous said...

Aco,My post didn't even describe the half of it.

Princess, I do appreciate African beauty. Frankly, the only place I have seen cute white women is on screens and mags and I attribute that to make up. Miros ndio mwisho.

Modo, How true. Afadhali you just grab your best and forget the rest.

Trybless said...

woi aki I want to go back home and see all this gorgousness, lol and yeah I also have a kenyan true beauty

Klara said...

That Must have been Me!!!!

B n P said...

klara-enyewe maybe it WAS you!

Aizo..yes yes,appreciate those women walking down the street,God knows you should be thanking their mamas.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...you forgot to mention the collisions with pillars and other objects like parking meter posts while busy "rubber necking". hehehe Manzi wa Nairobi wote wanaweza shinda beauty contests - well according to Nonini... :-)