Thursday, February 1, 2007

A blog by any other name.

If you are the least bit observant, you must have noticed that this blog has a new name. Yes, I renamed it. I was told the previous name sounds silly. Thootsmusings. Sounded nice to me. Quite a mouthful,some said. Too hard, others said. A goddamn tongue twister. And indeed it was, to some. You should hear how it came out when some people pronounced it. One chick said something like "thoosmuthins",with her lips extended way out. Another was like "Ati thoos what?". I said what the hell.

But if that was the only complaint I wouldn't have bothered. The most compelling reason was that it wasn't original. We have other *musings. Apologies to Afromusing and Kenyamusings. I back off. Humbly beat a hasty retreat. However, they should feel pampered. Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.

2 comments:

Princess said...

The new name is definitely unique!!

Anonymous said...

no worries, i did try to pronounce 'thootsmusing' and indeed my lips were extended and i totally chuckled! Its cute - I know i know dudes dont want anything 'cute' attributed to them unless its a kido.. Welcome blogosphere, i hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to more from you.